Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today was awesome! The trip to Roger's Farm to pick strawberries was about an hour and a half, but it was the quiet back roads that made the drive so peaceful. The boys enjoyed picking so much that I had to ask them to quit. They would have stayed and filled buckets for hours had I allowed them. It is nearly impossible to walk past a beautiful red ripe strawberry and not reach down and pluck it. At a $1.25 a pound, we brought home 17 pounds. After picking 31 pounds last year, I understand that the picking is not the hard part. The real work begins at home when strawberries cover every inch of counter space and they must be put away.

The best part - how do we eat them? Many will be frozen and used for smoothies, but what I'm craving is not the healthiest way to eat them. I'm dreaming of a pound cake smothered with crushed berries, and a little whipped cream to top it off. mmmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Oh yummy. We pick strawberries every year then make homemade jam. My boys then sell it for extra money. They love it.

    ReplyDelete