Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break

The awesome spring weather, along with the changes in flowers and trees, has caused an infectious need to be outside. The boys and I have taken a break from academic studies for a few days, while we visited family in Pensacola, FL for Easter. Pictured are my mother and one brother with his family. And my husband having fun on one of their toys.

It was a blessing to see my mother and brothers, and for the children to connect with their cousins, but anytime I have been away from home I feel like I need time to be still and enjoy the peace of returning to our sanctuary...so, I feel like each good vacation deserves a recovery vacation. After returning from our trip to Pensacola, we have taken a few more days away from academics for free time. Hehehe, I guess I can't say it has been a quiet, peaceful past few days. Two days ago I went to an optometrist for my first ever eye exam. Having never had my eyes dilated, I didn't know what to expect. I did not expect to pass out, but that's exactly what happened and anytime a person passes out for no good reason, the doctor is going to want to do tests. So, my peaceful spring break has turned into clinic visits. I prefer History lessons over being probed. Can't wait to return to our regular academic studies.

Today is Friday. We will be meeting friends at a nearby park for a short art session and fun. The children have been meeting with a mom in our homeschool group for informal art lessons. Before we release them for their wild park adventures, they will sketch any subject of their choosing. It's a beautiful place set on the St. Johns River with lots of interesting scenery.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl,
    I have an award for you on my blog.
    http://survivinglittlepeople.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete